1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going Back to the Ballpark?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Apr 2, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m retired from baseball fandom as of Sept. 2019. But as I’ve posted elsewhere I’m hitting the Predators regular season finale next month and I imagine some games for the local USL club are in my future. But I’ve also vowed to be less of a slave to the sports calendar on the other side of this.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Exactly, there's no guarantee we will even see the Jays playing in Toronto this season. Guess there will be no Inter County season either, huh, Elliotte?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Unless things go completely off the rails, I’m planning on grabbing a few game at the ballpark in late July/August. Really missed it last year.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Definitely plan to get to Coors Field in the coming weeks.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I will go to as many as I can, and I always liked to distance at the ballpark anyway.

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I have been trying to get tickets to my new hometown team the Coastal Carolina Chanticleer but they have limited seating and I keep missing the chance to get tickets on line. I just went to the site to check the correct spelling and I see they are stopping for a week due to covid protocol.

Also looking forward to seeing the Myrtle Beach Pelicans this year. They are a Cubs affiliate. Hope to see the Red Sox farm teams, hoping they play each other. I haven't checked yet as they are delayed.

7. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

I haven't been to a game since I left the biz, and haven't gone as a paying fan since 2016. I miss going, but I also don't want to deal with the hassle. I'm fully vaccinated, so there probably won't be any hassle per se, but it won't be the same as before. There's a lot going on in my life with a toddler in the house and another one on the way, if I'm not going to have a good time like before, not sure it's worth it. That said, knowing my luck, the first game I'll go to will last 16 innings and I'll stay because I refuse to leave a game early if I've paid for the ticket.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I do want to go to Camden Yards at some point, but I'd rather wait until Maryland opens up a bit more. Won't be the same without a couple of Natty Bohs at Pickles pregame.

Draft saved Draft deleted