1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going Back to the Ballpark?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Apr 2, 2021.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just bought two tickets to see my Giants; first time in ballpark since 2019. (Lost opening day but had a 6-1 lead and Gausman looked like an ace and Buster homered) Excited but a bit cautious.

Anyone else going to the ballpark?

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I read the list of protocols for my beloved and mediocre Reds, and it just doesn't sound like a fun day at the park to me. I can wait until things are a bit more normal.

The NYT published a list of all the teams' capacities with notable info about other COVID restrictions -- except for the entry on the Rays, where someone couldn't resist a dig.

How Each Baseball Stadium Will Handle Fans to Start 2021

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

After May 15 — two weeks on from that second shot — I’m planning to go basically wherever I want. Masked up, just in case, but yeah, I expect to see some baseball in person this season.

lakefront and Hermes like this.
  4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

It’s not wrong. I went to more than 40 games at the Trop and I can count on one hand the number of times the actual butts-in-seats count would have hit five figures.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

For sure. I used to live at St. Pete Beach and would go to a couple games a year. People bitched about the Trop's utter lack of character but I looked at it as a cheap few hours out of the sweltering heat that just happened to have a ballgame for entertainment.

6. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I will definitely be attending live baseball sometime this season. I also very much enjoy minor league baseball and have my eye on a series in late May between the Altoona Curve and the Erie Sea Wolves...

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I probably will at least take in a minor league game or two (since it's only 30 minutes away). If I get back to Chicago in late summer (a possibility), I would like to see the White Sox.

Also, I still can't believe the Mariners came back to win. Gausman absolutely shut them down for the first six to seven innings.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I will go back to the park. Probably this summer. That's in part because I''m confident that the people in my team's area are vaccinated, as I soon will be. The city of my birth is not especially populated with anti-vaxxer, bleach-drinking Trumpists, whose despicable reluctance to undertake a simple act of humanitarianism and self-preservation should subject them to scorn.

lakefront likes this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

What's the point of being vaxxed if you can't do anything?

Mrs. Micro and Micro Jr. might go to a Rockies game later this month. The main drawback isn't Covid, it's the $54 pricetag for an outfield nosebleed seat.

Wenders, playthrough and wicked like this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn that’s high

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No kidding. If it's a nice day and they decide to go, they'll buy from one of the guys outside the ballpark.

The last time I was at Coors we paid a total of $40 per person for three games; $20 for behind the dugout one night, then $10 and $10 for outfield seats the next two days.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Im jealous you guys can even go to the ballpark

Huggy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted