1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going back to school....?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NDub, Feb 16, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Wha in the what? Sounds cool and very interesting. What does a degree like that enable someone to do?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's computer infrastructure. I'm going to be this guy:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/19050/saturday-night-live-nick-burns

The pay is pretty good and the job growth is supposed to be fairly strong for the forseeable future.

3. rebelpaul

rebelpaul New Member

I've made the decision to go back to school, at the local college where I work. I'm heading into the health field. I'm 22 years old and I have options. I started a journalism/biology major in college, but decided against finishing the biology degree because I got lazy and decided to focus on J-School.

In hindsight, I should have finished it. So now, this upcoming fall, I'm going to take a decent course load while working full-time. My plan is to get a certificate in radiography. I figured that it would be the best thing for me to jump into the field where needs are consistent.

Even if it is just for a piece of mind, I just want to know that I'll have multiple options if I get unlucky.

Draft saved Draft deleted