1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOFUNDME for former poster

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Tells you what people think of him -- even if you were only around him a couple times.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Passed it. New goal at $25,000.

Dick Whitman and ChrisLong like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I felt an obligation to donate again. I can't imagine the pain his wife, son and family is feeling now. Jesus.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

John McLaren, who was manager of the Mariners when we visited Seattle, chipped in with $500. Awesome response all around

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Let me just echo, in what seems to be dark and turbulent times, there's still a lot of good out there. To all of you who answered the call and donated -- bravo.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Goddamnit, this sucks. As good a guy as we've ever had around here. Saw some foreboding posts on his Facebook over the last few months but had no idea it was this dire until it hit Twitter yesterday. Shit fuck shit. So unfair he and his family are going thru this. Fuck. Thinking of you, Dave/Babar.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

More than $14,000 now, with $1,000 donated by Carl Dubois.

ChrisLong likes this.
  10. Moderator1

There's a post on his FB page that says he passed this morning. I'm sitting here crying, hoping it isn't true and still hoping for a miracle. If I find out anything definitive, I'll pass it along and will also post about arrangements if this is indeed true. I can't tell you how much I want to get out there for whatever memorial they do. This is all so sad.

11. Moderator1

From the GOFUNDMEPAGE:

UPDATE: Dave passed away the morning of August 8th with his wife Jessica by his side. The GoFundMe will continue for as long as we can to support Jessica and Nolan.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Goddamnit. Been checking his page and this thread regularly, dreading the inevitable. Fuck.

Such a good guy. Another one gone way too soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted