1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Godfather, Ps. I and II alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jul 15, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

And they've sanitized the language.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

And now Taxi Driver is on, reminding me once again how much I love Cybill Shepherd

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If the Godfather saga is on AMC, expect the following ...

Tom Hagen: You're gonna have some union problems; my client could make then disappear. Also, one of your top stars has just moved from ah marijuana to heroin...
    Woltz: Are you trying to muscle me?
    Tom Hagen: Absolutely not.
    Woltz: Now listen to me, you smooth-talking son-of-a...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HE'S THE ONE GUY IN THE 80s WHO'D RATHER BE BETTER OFF DEAD!

[​IMG]

THEY HELPED MAKE THE COLD WAR HOT AGAIN!

[​IMG]

WOLVERINES!
    Red Dawn. 7 p.m. Tuesday on AMC, TV for movie people.

Woltz: ... bitch! Let me lay it on the line for you and your boss, whoever he is. Johnny Fontane will never get that movie! I don't care how many -- daigo guinea WOP greaseball gumbahs come out of the woodwork!
    Tom Hagen: I'm German-Irish...
    Woltz: Well let me tell you something my Kraut- ...

[​IMG]

Some movies transcend their time and place ...

[​IMG]

CITIZEN KANE ... 1941

[​IMG]

2001: A SPACE ODYESSY... 1968

[​IMG]

DEEP IMPACT, 1998 ... 8 p.m. Wednesday immediately after Three Men And A Baby on AMC, TV for movie people.

Woltz: ... Mick friend, I'm gonna make so much trouble for you, you won't know what hit you!
    Tom Hagen: Mr. Woltz, I'm a lawyer, I have not threatened you.
    Woltz: I know almost every big lawyer ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't forget the Sunday Morning Shootout! Sunday's on AMC! This week ... Elvira, Mistress of the Dark!

Woltz: ... in New York, who the hell are you?
    Tom Hagen: I have a special practice; I handle one client -- Now you have my number; I'll wait for your call -- By the way, I admire your pictures very much.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

AMC is a joke. The movies are cut to shit, and they LOOK awful. They look like they're presented through cheesecloth.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I like the deleted scenes, but the compare and contrast between early Vito and mid-life Michael in II is lost in the Saga.

For me, top five scenes in the I and II:

1) Tom and Vito after Sonny died.
    2) Michael and Vito in the garden before Vito dies
    3) Roth's speech to Michael about Moe Greene
    4) Killing the Turk and McClusky
    5) Tom and Frankie Five Angels before Frankie slits his wrist.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The deleted scenes are in the DVD collection.

It's pretty well inferred that Jack Woltz was fucking the little girl actress and her mother was in the house.

The scene death with Genco in the hospital immediately following Connie's wedding goes to show the reverence that Don Vito was held in.

Also, the DVD collection has a genealogical chart showing that Johnny Fontaine was actually Vito's illegitimate son

7. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

I'm with you on those scenes, Webster - especially the one with Tom and Frankie.

8. casty33

casty33 Active Member

First of all, all of you who have said Godfather III stinks, you are corect. As for the first two, I own them both and can watch anytime. There are so many lines worth repeating, like Sonny saying, "I don't want my brother coming out (of the bathroom) with just his dick in his hand." (Of course, on AMC, you hear just a stick in his hand." My favorite changes all the time and, of course, the cannoli line is up there, but these days I'm loving Tom Hagen saying to poor Tessio, "Can't do it, Sally," when he asks if Tom can get him off the hook.

And Frankie Pantangeles, in Godfather II, telling Fredo he was looking for some sausage and peppers at the Vegas party, but all they were serving were "can of peas."

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

"And I said, 'Can ah peas?' It's chopped liver on a Ritz cracker!"

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My favorite scene is in II, when they're at the sex show in Cuba and Fredo gives himself away. It's a masterfully acted scene by Pacino - and done without a word. The realization that it was his own brother who sold him out is amazing. I could watch it on a continuous loop.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Really? I thought that Don Vito was very straightlaced when it came to sex.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

"I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart."

Draft saved Draft deleted