1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Godfather I and II on A&E right now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jan 26, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You're right, it is governor. I fucked up.

The Tom-Vito scene after Sonny was killed at the Causeway--the area that's now the Nassau Coliseum--was brilliant. Brando's "But first you needed a drink," was said with the appropriate level of disdain for Hagan's weakness.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

My favorite scene is still when Michael embraces Fredo during his mother's funeral, then glances over at Neri, who nods.

No. 2 is the scene where Kay tells Michael about the abortion.

No. 3 is where Michael realizes Fredo betrayed him when Fredo speaks about Johnny Ola.

That Al Pacino didn't win an Oscar for II remains a travesty.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My favorite scene is the when Michael volunteers to kill McCluskey and Solazzo. He morphed from an educated hero to mobster as the scene went on; you could almost see the wheels moving as he explained what had to be done and why.

My second favorite scene is at Louie's Restaurant in Da Bronx. Michael finds the gun and walks back to the table. Solazzo begins to speak to him in Italian and Michael has this look of panic as he realizes he's reached the point of no return. He has to kill these men because they tried to assassinate his father and there's no chance that they will let him leave the restaurant alive.

4. uconn98

uconn98 New Member

Frankie Pentangeli has always been my favorite minor character in this series.

Love it when he causes an uproar at the congressional hearings.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Love these movies too but - HB - when aren't they on A & E? :D

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Ah, you can never have enough Godfather. Just like hockey. Hockey, Godfather, Italian food and life is gooooooood.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Michael, we're bigger than U.S. Steel.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Before playing Uncle Junior Soprano, Dominic Chianese was Johnny Ola in Godfather II. Just learned that now. I heard his voice after Michael introduced him to Fredo in Havana.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Then how in the world could you not have the DVDs? Ain't no way I'm ever watching those films edited or interrupted by commercials.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Because I'm an idiot and one time I saw the box set, instead of buying it for myself I bought it for my parents.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did the Congressman actually kill the hooker? Or did the Corleones set him up?

I don't think I've ever known one way or the other.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

total set-up by corleones.

Draft saved Draft deleted