1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God it pains me to say this . . . (NBA)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Dec 13, 2006.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ha ha. Nice one. : )

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Awesome.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

How 'bout them Lakers?

Methinks they'll look a lot less awesome without Odom and now that they have to actually play some road games.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Without Odom and just Kobe, the Lakers looked mighty mortal tonight against Dallas. Of course, it was the second of back-to-backs for them, so it's hard to say. But they will need Odom to catch the Suns.

And I agree, the Zenmaster is a top-fiver.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Before last season, I was hesitant to say if Phil was a top fiver. But when he took that terrible Laker to team to the finals(almost beat the suns in the first round), I was a believer.
    Now about this year's Lakers. I like what Kobe is doing now. He's managing the game and his teammates are benefiting off of that. Luke Walton is leading the league in 3 pointers. And of course, if the team is having a rough night, Kobe can take the game over at any moment. The X factor for the Lakers this season will be the play of their big men, specifically Andrew Bynum. He looked great at the beginning of the season, but he's been struggling now. I know he's working with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, so making he can rub some of that sky hook magic on him.

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Yeah, who would have guessed you'd have been around to cover him as a player?

Draft saved Draft deleted