1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOD, I LOVE MY JOB!!! (Or, Happiness is Lubbock, Texas, in my rear-view mirror)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sam Waller, May 5, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Makes you pine for the days of the 45-minute girls slowpitch softball game, doesn't it?

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Waller,

You deserve an award. The Red Smith wouldn't do you justice.

Mr Waller, in recognition of your writing an epic high school gamer under immense pressure in unbearable conditions while being short-changed on mileage, we are pleased to announced that you are the first-ever recipient of "The Butchie."

YHS, etc

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Someone told me Lubbock was like the test kitchen of American restaurant chains, that most of them have a franchise there to experiment with menu additions/changes. True dat?

I like how that one Louisville game was 1-0 after the first inning.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Best thing about baseball (and softball) boxes is that they don't take long to take. Had this been a football game ...

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Basketball for us is better. Just the score by quarters and everyone who scored. Quick and easy. We don't do a full box with rebounds, 3-pointers, etc. for preps.

6. rubadubdub

rubadubdub New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted