1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God, I hate instruction manuals

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jun 13, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, Bought a new camera Monday -- Canon Powershot A550 for 150 from Tiger Direct. Had debated on buying a real SLR, but just couldnt' pull the trigger .
    Anyway, it's not complicated, but day-um... a lot of extracrapola... I like the pics (7.1 megs), but you'd think it would come with a short version of instructions...
    Rant over...
    BTW, it DOES come with a 16M card.. yeah, that is helpful for a 7.1 meg camera..

2. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I know how you feel. I bought a Canon Powershot ZS I3 on Amazon a while ago and, luckily, got a simple manual to use with it in addition to the advanced one. But the memory card was capable of taking four pictures without filling up. Thanks.

Stick with it, though. When you learn it, it's an awesome tool. The zoom features are incredible, too, making it all the better for athletics.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wasn't using it for athletics, tho I did wrestle with the thought of buying something more high powered...
    Manual is simple, but I want the fold out sheet for idiots, dammit...

4. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Ah. I <i>also</i> got a fold-out sheet for idiots. That's three levels of instruction manuals for the price of one. Just take your time and resist every urge to throw the thing - thankfully, I was somehow able to.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Are you kidding? That's the first thing I keep...

6. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Slappy, you'd have trouble unfolding the dang thing ... :)

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not true. dick.. .sorry, bck...
    I just want instructions that I need to give a cursory glance to... these arent bad, but more than what I want...
    I still laugh how Canon graciously included a 16 meg card.... external... Look for that on ebay for a buck with five bucks shipping...

Draft saved Draft deleted