1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God help the children: I'm coaching T-ball this year...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Mar 9, 2008.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

As an addendum: We dedicated one whole pregame warm-up session learning how to do fist-bumps like the pros. It was the funniest shit I've ever seen. The kids did it all the time the rest of the season.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Why would you teach those innocent kids to do terrorist fist-jabs? Why do you hate America, OTR?

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Make sure you do what a few T-Ball teams around here did when calling in the game to the paper -- report who the winning pitcher was.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's really cool, OTR. I say do it again. You'll always remember your first year. I think you'll take a lot of joy in seeing those kids develop over the course of the offseason.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If this were baseball, I would tell you to watch out for Ben Christensen at all times. But because it's T-ball, no such worries.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Glad you had a great time. And glad my advice, in a rare occurrence, worked.

I hate to tell you this, but you've caught the coaching bug, so it doesn't matter whether it's downhill or not. You're going to be like Bill Parcells, doing TV T-ball commentary and being coy when the moderator says that your name has come up in rumors of a managing job. All I know is, my daughter's softball season is going to be over soon, and I'm practically heartbroken that I won't be coaching her soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted