1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Hath Not Created Hellfire Hot Enough

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

When they get to prison, they'll be getting it neither Quick nor Light

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Leno had their wedding announcement in Headlines.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'll pony up for the first carton of cigarettes, as my dear friend HejiraHenry, says.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In one of Edna Buchanan's books, she tells the story of an all-around sociopathic nasty bastard was found guilty of several different things, mostly brutal, during Buchanan's tour of duty on the Miami Herald cops beat. Nasty bastard went to prison, where he was still a nasty bastard and — somewhat inevitably — got shanked in the shower one day. Nobody in the cell bloc would admit to murdering the nasty bastard.

One day shortly a sweet little old lady called Buchanan at the Herald newsroom and wanted to know the mailing address for that cell bloc ... she wanted to send every one of them cupcakes.

Stuff happens to really nasty people in prison.

5. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Not too many bleeding heart anti-death penalty remarks on this thread. Just goes to show you that there are times when we must on occasion disconnect human debris from the air we breathe.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Death penalty's more trouble than it's worth. Doesn't work as a deterrent the way it's alleged to, for one thing. Pain in the ass to administer, what with all the mandatory appeals and what-not (and don't start whining about how they should just kill 'em all — not only is it not a good idea, it'd be damned un-Christian of you).

Life in prison, no parole. Let them live with themselves in separate 8-cubic-foot concrete cells for a few decades ... assuming those already on the inside don't administer their own rough justice first.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Two months? Good god.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Always said I chose sports over news "to avoid losing my faith in humanity."

Unbelievable story. I hope punishment is quick, but not light.

Draft saved Draft deleted