1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God damn kids won't get off my lawn, or out of our office

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Small Town Guy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

This is like some sick joke. It's an eight-hour birth control advertisement. A co-worker brought her 6-year-old daughter into the office today. For the whole day. Precocious thing. Has been loudly asking questions of people all day and talking about her pet rabbit and the nanny that drove their car into a neighbor's house.

Another co-worker brought her puppy in. He's shit twice on the floor. An office mate cleaned it up but threw it away in the garbage near our area and so it now smells like a sewer in our cubicle.

At 4, a co-worker who was supposedly off today wandered in with her 8-month old son, who hasn't stopped screaming. So we've got a 6-year-old pest, a pooping puppy and a hungry infant. And co-workers standing around talking about how cute it all is. Aagh.

We're a fairly casual office. I've seen things happen here that wouldn't happen in 99 percent of offices. But holy Christ, keep your kids at home.

And now the 6-year-old is talking in a loud voice, but with a British accent that her mom thinks is spot-on. It's not. Would it be more bearable if it was well-done? No. But this is somehow so much worse.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Good thing they're not eating Sun Chips.

[/crossing-to-my-own-thread-selfishly]

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd be more concerned about the co-worker who thinks the way to dispose of puppy poop is to put it in a trash can.

The kids and dogs are at least being kids and dogs.

The co-worker doesn't seem to be too bright.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

He's normally actually quite bright. On the other hand, he's also known for smoking dope during his lunch hour and that might explain his disposal confusion.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Everybody knows the proper place for that is in the upper deck.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I don't understand this, but I do love Sun Chips. Harvest cheddar. The bags they're in now suck, but the chips are great.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

All day with a dog and a kid in the newsroom is too much.
    And the owner of the dog should be cleaning up the mess, not somebody else.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If that's the case, be glad he didn't drop trow and join the puppy for the first Podunk Times Poop-Off.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We are rapidly running out of 'adult only' places. I'm going to have to start hanging in peeler bars at this rate. Probably get some good suggestions from Huggy anyway.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I love my dogs but would never take them to work (well, when I was in an office. Now they hang with me in my "office")

I love my kids, too, but would never take them to work other than for a quick hello. They liked to ride in with me when I picked up company cars. The boss would say hey, tell them how much they were growing and we'd be on our way.

Casual office is one thing. Romper Room is another.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

PM me if ya like. :)

12. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

At least your co-worker only brought the dog in as a one time thing.

The former publisher and CEO at my old shop used to bring their dog EVERY TIME they came to the office. And he'd do his business in the production office.

Draft saved Draft deleted