1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Bless You Warren Moon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Wheel Gunner, Aug 6, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Born and raised in Houston during some really serious Dallas heydays, I was a true-blue Oilers fan, and I remember being thrilled when Warren Moon came in and gave us a passing game. Fumbling aside, wife-beating aside, Warren Moon was a thrilling player to watch even when Houston failed in the playoffs.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Okay, let's lay off the Warren Moon wife-beating talk.

He was acquitted of his charges by a jury that deliberated for less than a half-hour.

He shouldn't have even been arrested and charged in the first place, considering all he did was restrain his then-wife after she started a fight.

Unless someone can prove otherwise, this line of conversation really needs to come to an end. Throwing around unfounded accusations like "wife-beater" minimizes not only the cowardly actions of actual abusers but also the pain and fear of actual victims.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's divorced.

For obvious reasons, I suppose.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I know that. But it wasn't like "my first wife" or "my ex-wife."

It was "the mother of my children" like she was just some woman he shacked up with for a couple years, pumping out babies.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Are you sure it wasn't Harry Carson, the father of three children by three women?

6. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Bud Grant is in the CFL HOF because of Kenny Ploen, Leo Lewis and Herb Gray

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No. I'm also not sure it wasn't Shawn Kemp.

I just heard it over my shoulder. Fuck if I know.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Knowing what I know about Moon, he was a real mack daddio during his Oilers years.

No shortage of a coalition of the willing in that city, or the 27 others.

Draft saved Draft deleted