1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Bless You Warren Moon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Wheel Gunner, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Wheel Gunner

Wheel Gunner Member

Went to Hamilton High on the Apex program a couple of years ahead of you. You were not the first Black quarterback but you are certainly one of the best. Thanks for your inspiration.

/S/ Not the first Black District Manager but one of the best.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . if only he weren't such an infernal, consistent fumbler . . .

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

And, by the way, a wife-beater.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think the very first message board post I ever made was on NFL.com when it was an open forum.

I posted something like, "Warren Moon not only leads the Vikings in passing, he leads the league in wife-beating."

It was also my first deleted post.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Also, I think they should have showed Reggie White literally throwing Cris Carter at Warren Moon during a 1994 Packers-Vikings game at the Metrodome.

Moon rolled right with White pursuing and Carter stayed behind to block.

Bad move.

White did one of his club moves, only he did it with so much force, he lifted Carter off the ground, grabbed him with his other hand, and tossed him. He missed Moon, but Moon just side-stepped Carter and went out of bounds ... awestruck.

Single greatest thing I've ever seen in a NFL game without question. And NFL Films must not have got it, because I don't think I've seen it since.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Moon was great ... in the CFL. Is he in a CFL HOF or does that exist?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He was great in the NFL, too. Just not so much in the playoffs sometimes. It happens.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I read today that he is the first person to start their professional career in the CFL and make if to the NFL HOF.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

He's the only player in CFL Hall of Fame (2001) and Pro Football Hall of Fame (2006).

Is it me, or did Moon come off as totally unlikable during his speech?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

He was before my time and only diehard Starhead fans remember him ... but Rayfield Wright blew me away with his speech.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

CFL hall is in Hamilton (Hi JR!)

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Same here.

I'm not familiar with Rayfield Wright, but became a fan yesterday. He poured his heart (and buckets of sweat) into that speech. I was nearly in tears watching on the tube; I can't imagine the reaction in Canton.

Draft saved Draft deleted