1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God bless you, Don Banks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ellis Redding, Jan 30, 2007.

1. From today's Snap Judgments column:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/01/30/snaps/index.html

2. Ouch.
    That'll leave a mark, Leather.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Nice line. However, I think the overriding thing here is that Super Bowl media day is now passe amongst the lunatic fringe. Or the NFL has wised up and stopped credentially everyone and their sister for the event.

4. Nobody dressed as a carrot this year?
    I'm crushed.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, I think the players will be kind of disappointed to have been at Media Day with no freaks. It's what they bring their cameras for, after all.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

One of my colleagues called me before to brag he was standing 10 feet away from Lisa Guerrero.

:eek:

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And???

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

One former co-worker interviewed one of the Miller Lite catfight girls at media day a few years ago....
    Has Scoop Jackson written another column about rap video hotties at media day?

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

And that was it.

I'm sure the company will be glad to pay the .25 it cost to make that call.

10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Meanwhile, Michael Silver's column nearly made me physically ill before the end of the first page...
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/01/29/super.blog/index.html

11. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

And his buddy's phone call was useless without some pics taken by his cell phone.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I knew there was a reason I liked to read Don Banks. Great jab.

Draft saved Draft deleted