1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God bless this young boy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Nov 25, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

http://www.woundedtimes.blogspot.com/2008/11/11-year-old-brenden-fosters-dying-wish.html

Sorry if this is a repeat thread but if this doesn't tear you up, nothing can.

If the link doesn't work, YAHOO has it up now.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, you see a lot of stories like this, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, E:60, Oprah, have often dulled my empathy, but for some reason this kid's story made me stop and actually watch, pray, and yup, get a little misty.
    He kind of reminded me of the kid in Something for Joey.
    RIP - Thoughts and prayers to the family.

3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I lost it. I think of how OK it seems for a kid who never got to enjoy Disney World to get that trip and that memory, but this is remarkable. I hope there's a very, very special place for him in heaven, with as much joy as one can have there.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That just made me cry a lot. I'm not mature enough to be that grounded now. To see an 11-year-old say "I should be gone in a week" and "I've had fun" is just terrible.

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Wow.

That's all I can say. I'm passing this video on to everyone I know. This kid's an inspiration.

6. KG

KG Active Member

What a sweet little angel. I know he said he didn't want any more tears taken by leukemia, but I couldn't help but cry.

7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Couldn't imagine. I can't even handle getting a tooth filled.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

What a great story and a great kid.

9. Heart-breaking and amazing all at the same time.

What a great kid. I hope when I have mine they are half the kid he is. Many thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. I have no doubt that God has given him great peace and joy.

My grandfather I never met died of leukemia when my Dad was just 8. To this day, my Dad won't talk about it. A terrible disease, but the maturity and inspiration that came through that kid is fantastic.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He passed away a week ago. :(

http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-11-27-voa64.cfm

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

He was an angel on Earth. Now he's an angel in Heaven.

"Beautiful Child" is now playing in my head. It's getting a little misty in here.

Draft saved Draft deleted