1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Bless SI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Walter_Sobchak, Aug 28, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They probably had an article about Brett Favre but had to take it out b/c no ads.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

100 percent correct. I hate Brett Favre, but the season will be 1,000X more interesting than if he had stayed retired.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't think the season could be 1,000x more interesting even if they played it on Jupiter.

But those 750-pound offensive linemen would be fun to watch.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Brett Favre playing against Cleveland in the opener has me waffling on my Personal Browns Blackout. I refuse to watch them until the score an offensive touchdown in the regular season. But could I watch Brett Favre??

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Really? "God Bless" them?

For faux-ignoring this jackass, when they (Peter King) have been part of the problem all along?

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

You're right, the old SI would have never done something so egregious. Signed, Sidd Finch.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You're really comparing this lame stunt to that amazing fete, pulled off by one of the greatest sportswriters of all time?

Wow.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

As a Packers fan with a Favre jersey collecting dust in his closet, who has been dealing with this crap for three years, I have to say I laughed aloud for a good long while.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Cute little joke. Nothing wrong with showing a sense of humor. I thought it was just the right tone for a story that's become comical.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'd find that fairly interesting, considering there's no solid ground on Jupiter.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I thought it was fine too. They slightly tweaked him, and the story in the magazine was amusing as well. I doubt he'll pull a Jordan and go 15 years without speaking to the magazine (their punishment for the famous cover telling Jordan he was embarrassing himself in baseball). The SI cover isn't always sacred. They did put Jim Brown in a Raiders uniform and ask him to return to the NFL.

And this:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/cover/featured/8129/index.htm

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, that's pretty much my reaction... The Sidd Finch prank was legendary and doesn't belong in the same sentence as this hacky cover logo.

Draft saved Draft deleted