1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God bless Saturn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It's almost like a Miata. Who would buy one of those? ;)

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

A Miata has a top you can put down without getting out of the car, and a trunk you can fit more than a Manila envelope in. But aside from that... ;)

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You're right, a Miata fits at least two or three Manila envelopes.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Haven't heard this, at least, about the Saturn:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/fashion/12cars.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

RON GEREN, an actor in Los Angeles, commutes to auditions and jobs throughout Southern California in a sleek black Mazda MX-5 Miata convertible. But for a recent date with a woman, he rented a Cadillac Escalade because he was so used to friends saying his Miata is “gay.”

5. I had a Saturn ION for 2 1/2 years. The first year-and-a-half it was great. After that, it was hell every day.

It got to the point where every other day or so it just wouldn't start. Not the battery, not a fuel pump, not the transmission, the starter, sparkplugs, anything. It just wouldn't start. I would have to get pissed, go sit in the house for about 10-15 minutes, come back out and it would start fine.

I took it to everyone I could think of, and the Saturn dealership I bought it from had a combined IQ of 12. They were pains to deal with, and one day when I went up there to look into trading mine in, I was treated like crap and the salesman pretended like I hadn't bought this car from the same dealership two years earlier. He checked my credit without asking me and asked me if I was going to waste his time. I guess he thought that since I was young, I must not know what I'm doing.

So I left, waited a few months and got rid of it. I prayed to God it would start the day I traded it in. It did, and no one said a thing about any problems. I got my Ford Escape and it's been a trooper. About 26,000 miles later in 10 months, it still seems like it's brand new.

So needless to say, I'll always think Saturn sucks balls and will never buy one again.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Miatas aren't gay so much as they scream "midlife crisis."

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

They scream "tinny" and "underpowered." If you must have a convertible, go with the Honda S2000.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Tiny, too.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Miatas are much, much more fun to drive unless you're on a track.

Draft saved Draft deleted