1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God bless Saturn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Oct 3, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I mentioned this on another thread before it got locked, but I had some transmission problems on my '04 Vue. Basically, it wouldn't go in reverse. Nobody wanted to touch it so I had to take it back to the dealership. My warranty expired at 36,000 miles and I've got 73,000-plus yet they still fixed it for free. Grand total had I been forced to pay: $4,160.96. God Bless Saturn since I probably would have had a freaking stroke if I was forced to pay for that.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Can God bless planets?

:)

---

That's awesome you got a car dealership to help you out. Most of them try to rape you on costs before you walk out the door.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Rule of thumb - stay away from the dealerships (unless another person's insurance covers the work). I've gotten work done on my Saturn at Sears for a bit less than the dealership charged post-warranty.

5. TwoGloves

Problem was, nobody else would touch it. I went to a couple of places I trust and they all said go to the dealership. I guess it had an unusual transmission. A relative works for Hummer and even he said go to the dealership. I was expecting to get raped. I was shocked to say the least but I guess there had been some service bulletins issued and I'm guessing rather than recalling all the Vues they just decided to fix them as needed. Regardless, I don't care because I saved four grand!

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So long as nobody's blessing Uranus ...

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I've owned two Saturns and found them to have some of the best customer service I've ever experienced from any business. They have a real pro-customer culture throughout the company.

8. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Was there maybe a recall notice you weren't aware of?

9. TwoGloves

Nope. I checked. Several times. Was hoping there was.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Friend of mine has a Saturn Skyy Roadster.

That is my next new car.

11. TwoGloves

I checked out the Skys at the dealership. Nice looking car, especially for a Saturn. But pretty small and kind of pricey for a Saturn.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Saturn has great customer service, which for a long time sort of made up for selling such terrible cars. Fortunately the Saturn lineup has improved by leaps and bounds over the past couple of years.

As for the Sky, be sure to see how the top goes up/down and how little trunk room there is before buying one. They're gorgeous, but hugely impractical.

Draft saved Draft deleted