1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God bless C-SPAN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I was watching the Senate circus this morning. Discussing the "urgent need to help hard-working Americans who are losing their homes through no fault of their own."

There was a vote to close debate. Roll call consisted of about 26 senators.

Obama and McCain weren't there. They were out giving lip service to "hard-working Americans who are losing their homes through no fault of their own" in hopes to bullshit their way to a few more votes.

Neither was Clinton.

But Leibermann and Dodd were.

These hard-working people deserve a raise at the end of the year.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Yeah, Joementum's really good for this country.

3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

At least he's doing his job.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Of course if Lieberman and Dodd were running for president they wouldn't have been there either.

Doesn't excuse Clinton though.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Where were the other 71?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Are they sure they are only helping the ones who are losing their homes through no fault of their home? Some of these people are at fault.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Gutting the Fourth Amendment is hard work.

I'm sure they all need a rest.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Was anybody watching house judiciary Committee hearing that featured an empty chair behind a table with microphones and a Karl Rover name placard?

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Mr. Rove can ignore the subpoena. He has a letter from the agency under investigation for being packed with his ideological hirelings that says so.

10. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

At least Obama was there yesterday to vote on a Medicare bill. McCain was the only Senator who did not show up.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember in 2004, Bush was ripping on Kerry for missing a bunch of votes. The problem I had is that while Kerry missed his votes, Bush was spending a lot of time on the campaign trail too, and visiting fundraisers for lower level pols. To me, it was the case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Draft saved Draft deleted