1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"God Bless America" (GOP version)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because we're Godless heathens?

2. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

No, Doc, not at all. It just doesn't jibe with your world view, I would surmise.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They don't love America, they love their perception of America and hate anything that interferes with that. They see the country as a flag, a patriotic song and white people going to church. They don't understand that you can take away the flag, Washington D.C. and the Fourth of July, but you only do true damage to this country when you start monkeying around with the Constitution.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

How do you feel about them?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

People object to it because it's xenophobic religious nonsense.

And I'd be interested--just out of curiosity--what "similar stuff"--if you can actually quantify it--Dems do?

Jesus, the intellectuall bar is getting lowered every day around here.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I now have no doubt that these people would rather have a Christian theocracy than a democracy.

7. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

And much of what you spout, JR, can be seen as nonsense, too, by people who do not share your world view. Anyone who disagrees with your world view gets dismissed as stupid or accused of lowering the "intellectuall" bar.

And no, I don't think a theocracy is what "these people" want. I think you might just want them to want that because it makes for a much more assailable target.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Differently, depending.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Differently than what? Depending on what?

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Differently depending on different things.

I haven't met a great deal of them.

11. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are nothing like your Christ." Mohandes Ghandi.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Give me an example of my nonsense because this little ditty is Monty Python worthy.

And just out of curiosity, what is your world view?

Absurd evangelical hokum like ths?

Or maybe you believe in Creationism.

Let me know

Draft saved Draft deleted