1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOAT, QB Category

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 13, 2014.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

that's 13

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think it's fair to say that Staubach is the greatest QB between Unitas and Montana, but people don't really think of him that way for whatever reason.

As Yab said, he didn't become a full-time starter until 1971, when he was already 29. Then he missed most of 1972 due to injury.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Some combination of." Pick five. Any five, really. They're all pretty close.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I saw Bradshaw play in his prime and Stabler too. I think I'd rather have had Stabler as QB. Put him on those Steeler teams and I don't think they lose a beat.

5. HumanBeing

HumanBeing New Member

Your breath smells like a pickled onion passing through a fart.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Interesting counter-troll persona, boys.
    I am one lucky girl.
    Back to football.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's interesting that Favre seems, somewhat gone from this conversation. I know he's been mentioned, but not as a top 5.

I happen to agree, it's just interesting that Elway has gotten better in retirement (going out on top helps...) and Favre has gotten worse.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Favre had retired in 2005, his historical standing would indeed be higher.

9. MisterCreosote

Favre won his Super Bowl almost 15 years before he retired.

The lasting memories of his final decade in the league were a few great seasons that ended with him making huge mistakes.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The GOAT does not lead the league in interceptions three times.

11. MisterCreosote

The only thing that really makes Favre stand out anymore is his consecutive starts streak.

And, after his penultimate season in Minnesota, it's hard make the case he played too long just to preserve it.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I always thought it was interesting that very little was said about Favre choking in the playoffs, at least compared to Manning.

Both won one title. Playoff records are similar. I think Favre may have a couple more playoff wins.

Draft saved Draft deleted