1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go Towards the (Guiding) Light: As The World Turns is getting cancelled

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery Meat II, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

I should have watched "Days of Our Lives" a few months ago when Alice Horton was killed off (her portrayer, Frances Reid, died earlier this year at age 95). They brought back a lot of old favourites whom I'm sure will never be seen again before that show is inevitably cancelled in a year or two.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I flipped on Days the other night on SoapNet, while I was waiting for Y&R to come on. I couldn't believe that everyone from Passions ended up on Days. Very bizzare.

3. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Amazingly, ATWT was on the air for so long, CBS cut into the show when JFK was shot:

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Starman, Julianne Moore returned to Oakdale this past spring for a guest appearance.

5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Starman, ATWT was a favorite of my mother's for years. Although I have just turned three at the time, I can remember vaguely my mother taking me with her to clean my grandparents' house and she and I would always have lunch when ATWT came on. I have seen on You Tube the CBS News bulletins that came on during the show annoucing John Kennedy having been shot (I only have vague memories of the actual moments, even now). Last week, watching the last show, if someone had not called her character, Lisa, by name, I would not have recognized Eileen Fulton. She is about a year older than my mom. It was kind of nice to see Don Hastings, playing Bob Hughes one last time. How ironic that Helen Wagner, who played Nancy all those years, would die just this summer.

Draft saved Draft deleted