1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go To Hell, Subway ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll try that the next time I get a double quarter-pounder with cheese meal and six apple pies.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And here I am still bitching about 6 percent sales tax...

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Doc, I think the anti-bluetooth hate is directed toward people who put one on when they're getting dressed in the morning and don't take it off until they get undressed that night. The ones who have loud conversations in the grocery store where they look like they're talking to their imaginary friend.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I had a manager last year, who'd wear one and constantly talk on it. No one knew if he was talking to them or into his bluetooth. He, of course, didn't have a problem with it.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

or the fuck who steps behind you in line at the store and apparently starts talking to nobody ... esp. the loud pricks.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I also hate bluetooth devices. Of course, my cell phone also has a speaker function.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and i bet he'd get pissed if people ignored him when he actually took the time to talk to them.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I can get annoyed when the guy behind me in line says "HEY!" loudly and I turn around to answer him and he's bluetoothing.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i've wanted to punch more than one person in that very scenario.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Subway is just awful. Every once in a while I get a hankering for it, and then I remember as soon as I take a bite why I never eat there. I think I've erased that hanker for good.

Find yourself a Potbelly's, or just go to Panera. The prices are similar and the chips are better.

It's to the point now where I eat out only once in a while, between shit that costs too much and isn't that good and the service that is mediocre at best. The one place I reliably go is my neighborhood bar, and the minute my drink is empty it's filled back up again and they always seem to lose count of how much I've had.

11. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Is that like blue-hairs? They piss me off, too.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.