1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go To Hell, Subway ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

From here, I expected it to go into a Penthouse Forum-type narrative.

2. The other thing I don't get about Subway - I think of this shit while I'm waiting in line - is their mixed messages.

On one side of the restaurant they're promoting that looser Jared and his healthy eating.

And on the other side there's the fat-ass from Family Guy slinging fattening stuff.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Similarly, what drives me nuts is when I'm waiting dealing with an employee somewhere and they make me wait while they answer the phone and deal with that customer for a minute or two. The customer there in person should always have precedent over someone on the phone.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one on here with his mind in the gutter. Or her in some cases (hi sportschick!)

5. I honestly was waiting in line at a McDonald's the other day while one of the women behind the counter was talking on a Blue tooth. I'm guessing the manager was away.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I have a McDonald's straw dispenser in my kitchen. It was free. I didn't pay for it.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

One of the very few advantages of living in Cowshitistan is that bluetooths, here, are considered freakish and socially unacceptable. I'm sure that'll change.

8. I need to move there with you then. They give me the heebie jeebies. Not the bluetooths, but the people who think they're cool.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

They should be considered that everywhere. Zeke had a great line on a thread a while back about how people who wear bluetooths out in public should be punched in the head repeatedly.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I have a bluetooth. I use it in the car, when I use it at all. Since getting married, I use my cell phone less and less, even though it's my only phone.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I also got free food when they couldn't get my credit card to swipe and I had no cash. They just wanted me through the line more than my $3.22 for a double cheeseburger, small fries and a fruit a yogurt parfait (my standard order).

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i can sign on with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.