1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go To Hell, Subway ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I believe it's "personning" the register, Rosie.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Well, she can handle money, but she'd have to go back and wash her hands or put on new gloves. I think she was just trying to save a few steps.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Don't go 'PC' on me Mikey or you'll be grounded. :p

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I worked at Subway for a brief time about 20 years ago. At that time, if you were on the make line, you weren't allowed to man the register. It was company policy.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll go ahead and say "deal" on that one. Sometimes it's tough for me to shake out the teachings of my gender communication class.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Five.

Five dollar.

Five dollar footlooooongs.

Five.

Five dollar.

Five dollar footlooooongs.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Really, if you want a good fast sub that's not ridiculously pricey, find a Jimmy Johns. I love them.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The real problem here is the chick at the soda machine.If the whole "health department" thing is the real reason the person who handles your meat can't take your money (HA, I know) then the lazy teen filling the coke machine with water can get off her butt and ring you up.

next time go there when they're in a rush and go through the usual 'order and move to the end of the line' proces. Only, when it comes time to pay, pick up your cell phone and call someone and start talking about work. Then, when they and the people behind you get pissed, simply say that you thought "making money comes before customer service" at subway and pee on the floor.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Those commercials are fucking annoying.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Hi, I'm Perennially Overrated. You might remember me from such threads as "Tasting my Pie" and "Moving to an island...maybe...please help."

I don't go to McDonalds because they fucking tasted my pie. It still makes me want to kill someone.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

No word of a lie. I'm eating McDonalds right now. They can taste all the food they want as long as they keep the double cheeseburgers at 99 cents.

12. I go to Subway a LOT. I've had the same employee make my sandwich and ring me up lots of times. It is, admittedly, when I'm the only one in line.

It's part of the reason I've trained myself to go to Subway after the lunch rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.