1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go see Kirk Cameron's new movie or go to Hell, heathen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Sep 24, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I have no fucking patience for those who profess to have faith in God who spout hate toward people because of whom they love or what lives they lead.

If that's what Cameron does as a so-called Godfearing Christian, he's one of the worst hypocrites on the planet.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Is that what he does?

I have never heard him do that not once in any interview I have seen of the guy.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Kirk Cameron does interviews? For what the box set releases of Growing Pains

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't know. I'm just letting you know why I don't give everyone who professes to be Christian a free pass on criticism about their religious beliefs.

If he's one heartbeat away from joining the Westboro Baptist Church, Hell has a special place reserved for him somewhere near those of us in Godless County.

5. RedSmithClone

Yes, I have seen him on a few different shows. His latest was a visit to The O'Reilly Factor to talk about child actors.

But that is my point. You're slamming the guy for something you obviously don't even know he does.

6. RedSmithClone

Again, why do you try and associate him with that church.

He is a member of the Salvation Army from what I understand. That's far from the Westboro a-holes.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And yet, a lot of Christians will give you a free pass on your non-beliefs. They might say a quick prayer for you, but examples such as the idiots at the Westboro Baptist Church are a very small and insignificant few.

I would urge you not to see the Kirk Cameron movie if it works you up this much.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

He won't be the only one. That movie might make 60 bucks

9. RedSmithClone

I apologize. I guess he is the co-founder of that Way of the Master Ministries. But I know he does a lot of work with the Salvation Army.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

How cool would it be if his kid was named Richard?

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

His name is Robin and he is a singer/songwriter, with a very hot wife

But that would be cool, Dick Thicke.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

That's his kid?

Well...color me with the crayon "FAIL"

Draft saved Draft deleted