1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go Black People! (Well, Black Coaches)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 21, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

I think Rex Grossman is the greatest former Florida QB to ever play in the NFL.

2. Not a very high hurdle to clear. :)

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If it's OK to celebrate the fact that the head coaches of the Super Bowl teams are black, are we going to celebrate the fact that the 2 QBs of the Super Bowl teams are white? Or will we all relfect on the absense of white cornerbacks and hispanic running backs.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think John Elway and Chris Chandler were both out of the Pac-10.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Is it just me, or does Lovie look like Whoopi Goldberg when he wears the stocking hat?

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

But they're the FIRST EVER black coaches to go to a super bowl.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Can we just step outta the 1960s?

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I figured this thread would be stumbling and slobbering all over the race issue, both ways. Maybe the QBs and coaches will tell these obsessed media to f--- themselves. Then they'll write about that.

Or we can see how New Orleans is healing from its NFC championship loss while the real problem down there gets met with liberal placates and conservative "You chose to live there, help yourself" remarks.

9. heyabbott

Have we seen a white corner back in the SB since Jason Sehorn?

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I don't want to turn this into a black vs. white issue but did white NFL players have to deal with racial segregation? Back then, it was looked down upon to have a black quarterback.

11. heyabbott

I would argue that there is segregation of white folks in athletics. How else to explain the disproportionate lack of representation of Americans of European ancestory at all levels of professional sports. It certainly can't be natural ability within ethnic classifications.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you have just been nominated to join the below 80 IQ wing of SportsJournalists.com hall of fame ... idiot.

Draft saved Draft deleted