1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Go Black People! (Well, Black Coaches)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 21, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

What did the acquittal of Damien Williams have to do with?

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

how many places ran the AP's black coaches aren't the only story line piece?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It is a very interesting though provoking book that blows LBJ "great society" plan out of water.

I can't say yet whether I agree or disagree with some of ideas put forth.

Pertaining to this thread discussion if you buy into his argument, you would say that in this day and age that 2 black qb's in the Super Bowl should not be thought of as a big deal.

4. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Great work Boom & great book.

Well said - excellent stuff.

Time to move this country forward!!!

We are all people - individuals and not "races", groups, or flocks of sheep (contrary to some groups of my haters on this board - lol).

I am tired of hearing about the _____ block vote - as if they all thought the same and are mind-numbed robots

Seriously, I am so sick of hearing "all women think this....all Hispanics think this...all_______ think this."

Last time I checked with my friends & contacts in REAL life - no they don't

How dumb do you feel when the mainstream media assumes you will vote for say a woman candidate (if you are a woman) SOLELY because she is a woman???

WTF???

Bah bah bahhhhhhhh...........SPLAT right off the cliff if you are that stupid.

Hey line up that ______ block vote for the candidates once more - the less you think for yourself and be an individual the more control they have over you & less freedom you really have.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

cockdian

And for the record, women are generally less likely to vote for another woman. There've been studies.

6. John D. Villarreal

Uh ok, great - still has NOTHING to do with my point.

But, my question then is why does the mainstream media tell us almost EVERY day that Hilary is going to get the "women's vote!!"

WTF is that???

No different than the MSM telling us that all Hispanics want open borders or all African Americans are going to vote for Obama, etc., etc.

I don't care HOW ppl vote - only that we as journos should be careful not to lump ppl into whole groups bc that IS another form of subtle racism, groupism or at least group think - if you will.

Go to the next level, some parts of some groups think certain ways (i.e. liberal women LOVE Hilary, married women are slightly against her, and Rep women dislike her, etc.. So, don't tell me about a monolithic women's vote or monolithic ___ vote).

Let me assure you I KNOW politics ok. When my website is up it will be clear.

So, stop being offended and throwing insults and see the point I am trying to make. I am NOT the one punking anyone but rather standing up for EVERYONE's right to be heard and judged on their own basis instead of some monolithic group.

Look, I understand you have this frustration/pent up feelings for me.

I get that - lot of women in the same boat.

It's cool, maybe one day you can try out for the Raiderettes or become a serious model and we can get you an audition to make the roster ;)

Bring your A game though - I have a deep "stacked" rotation without a salary cap!

7. "We as journos"? Did you get a job in media and no one told me? And no, your bi-annual five-minute forays into radio don't count. Neither do your guest columns for "I can't get laid, but I love video games" magazine. Whatever.

8. sportschick

You're an egotistical, unintelligent, nonsensical blowhard.

Oh, and not every girl wants to be a Raiderette. Some of use prefer to use our brains. Not that you'd know how to do that.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

chick: Oh, and not every girl wants to be a Raiderette.

now that's a fucking letdown.

10. John D. Villarreal

You know its funny - all these haters come, call me ALL kinds of names and personal attacks, swear up & down, use profane language, foul mockups, attack my manhood (oh PLEASE - lol), etc....& then cry like babies when I tease them back....waaaaahhhhhhh!

wittle baby need a wittle sucker....daddy hit a sorw spot - lol??

Just like boxing everyone looks SOO tough hitting a punching bag that doesn't hit back...then they get in a ring & most get KO'd in the first round against real talent.

To answer SC

1.) "You're an egotistical, unintelligent, nonsensical blowhard." - uh ok, you can have your opinion that is fine.

2.) "Oh, and not every girl wants to be a Raiderette. Some of use prefer to use our brains." - uh ok, but hate to break it to you some Raiderettes are smart too & most of the models I know are also smart. Kinda funny how good genetics typically = good genetics. Although, I know you would like to think that good looking ppl = dumb to make yourself feel better.

3.) "Not that you'd know how to do that (use brains)" - Oooh man. Can you even write that without laughing from incredulity???

Let's put it straight if you and I had a gunfight based on brains it would be like I had an M1 Abrams Tank vs your Red Rider BB gun that jams.

I have NO doubt that I have you beat COLD in any objective measure of intelligence - it isn't even close & any amount of name calling from you or "piling-on" from the haters doesn't change that.

It is called scoreboard, facts, reality...check into it.

We all know that - nice attempt to whistle past the graveyard.

Whatever dude, I can't respond to this silliness - but this did amuse me.

Get off your highhorse SC and let's talk about stuff that matters.

11. sportschick

I have no clue how you and RokSki are related. I love him. You're an idiot.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

RokSki has his idiot moments, too. JDV just has them a lot more often.

And JDV, she didn't cry. She responded.

And as hard as this may be for you to understand, some people actually dislike you on merit. Not jealousy. Not haterism. Just flat out don't like what they know of you from what you have posted on here.

Draft saved Draft deleted