1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GNR album due soon ... for real this time?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WildBillyCrazyCat, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I think GTR might have another album come out before GNR's album drops.

2. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Don't tell the feds, but I got an illegal release copy of the album.
    It is pretty hard to decipher.
    On one hand, the lyrics and writing seems solid (not change-the-world, took-20-years-to-write-good, but OK), but it is just missing the old "Sweet Child of Mine" and "Paradise CIty" hard, heavy guitar parts (see, without Slash ...) and it just doesn't have the edge it needs.
    If you are a die-hard GNR lover like me, it is worth checking out just to see what the hell all the fuss was about, but until Slash and Axl collaborate again, nothing will be as masterful or even close. When will these knuckleheads get over thereselves and realize they could make zillions if they got back together for a project?

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well, the ball's completely in Axl's court, because he owns the rights to the band's name and back-catalogue. And since he's apparently done a pretty good job of holding onto his money, I'm sure he's in no mood to give fans what they want (let alone give Slash and Duff the satisfaction of his asking them to return).

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

2012, just after the R-n-R HOF induction.

Unless of course the Mayans are right and we're all fucked. Which, you know, would be kinda appropriate, to have G-n-R tour the end of the world.

5. joe

joe Active Member

You mean they weren't all chicks?

Draft saved Draft deleted