1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GMU Homecoming (Drag) Queen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Feb 20, 2009.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Oh my.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090220/ap_on_re_us/homecoming_drag_queen

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Congrats Sonner!!!!!!

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Way to go, Ms. Coulter!

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Everybody run, the homecoming queen's got a gun.

Well, at the very least, he's got a pistol in his pocket.

5. Notepad

Notepad Member

useless without pictures.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

fixed

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I was actually in the stadium for that game. And after those 10 awkward, yet funny, minutes, the game resumed. And George Mason won. Won, as in the opposite of what Softstra does these days. Now, it wasn't as big a win as that 30-point blowout against Softstra a few weeks ago, but hey... they all can't be like that, can they?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Gunston and a homecoming queen who is a dude.

Yeah you guys are real winners! :D :D :D

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Gunston is history. And while the new mascot is an upgrade, the name -- The Patriot -- must have been thought up by a group of 4-year-olds. Un-freaking-real. That's the best they could do. The Patriot. I wish I were kidding.

And really, do I even need to say those two F words that I know will end this discussion? :)

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. There's something that's just totally unnatural about this. ::)

Homecoming during basketball season? ;D ;D ;D

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Toy college.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

The JC I went to 30-some years ago elected a homecoming drag queen. Name was Goldie Glitters. The football game became a media event with TV news crews everywhere.
    I happened to be friends with one of the normal girls who was in the homecoming court. It turned out to be an awful time for her, which was sad.
    I was on the sidelines just to observe what was going and do a sidebar for the paper, if warranted, when the "queen" appeared. When a tomato whizzed past my head, I got out of the line of fire. A bizarre night.
    I asked a few of the football players if they were unhappy that this "guy" turned their homecoming game in a media circus. Some of them said they were happy it happened because so many media outlets came to their game that normally wouldn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted