1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gmail down?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Wallace, Jun 30, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Google blames server maintenance for the outage.

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/afp/20090902/tc_afp/usitcompanyinternetgooglegmail

Best part of Gmail is the free POP3 access. At least for me.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Gmail status page:

http://www.google.com/appsstatus#rm=1&di=1&hl=en

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

So is it possible people didn't get their emails, and are they lost forever, or would they eventually pop in?

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I love the chat feature on Gmail.

5. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I sent a couple of e-mails to GMail users while the system was down yesterday, and they were received when everything came back online. I'm not sure how long that took though.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

F-ing gmail...my account got hacked into and all my contacts got a lovely spam email encouraging them to buy Korean computers. I am furious. I don't use that account for everything, but I use it for enough. I've changed my password (and on my bank account as well) and sent out an apology email. Anything else I need to do? According to gmail's handy tool that lets you see where the activity on your account came from, it looks like an IP address from a computer in China.

7. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

That sucks, Dyno.

I believe you can block access from that specific IP, but that really wouldn't do anything, because you can change your IP address in 15 seconds.

So long as you've changed your password, you should be fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted