1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gmail down?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Wallace, Jun 30, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You don't have to "cipher through" them. You click it once, it windowshades so you can see the name of each respondent. You click on the ones you haven't read yet. It's cleaner, and takes up less space on your screen.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I, for one, would like to thank President Obama for giving the gift of Gmail (soon-to-be Omail) back to his people.

Well done, sir.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Same here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

There is no way it's "cleaner". You may like it this way.....I don't. I click on the response from Donna....and at first I see emails from Tom, Diane, Bill, Bob....and 15 other people.

It takes up the same amount of space on my screen, if not more......and it's certainly more cluttered. I'm sure it's ok for emails with 1 person, but it sucks with mass emails. Understand, I don't know any of these people, I've never used Gmail before, and it's aggravating to get an email from 1 person, and the first things that appear are the responses from 10 other folks. There are 3 parents named "Bob", 3 players named "Dan", 2 named "Chris". If I could see each response individually it would be much easier to know that Danny Pissass's mom is Donna.

Is that a good enough explanation why at this point I don't like Gmail?

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

You seem to use that facepalm a lot, and not really in the correct situations.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm with Ashy Larry on this. I'd prefer single emails over grouping.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I'm still a yahoo mail kind of guy.

9. imjustagirl

OK, whatever. It's whatever works for you. All I know is when I open up my gmails that are on a string of multiple e-mailers, the ones I've already read are windowshaded closed and the ones I haven't read are open. So if one e-mails me I don't have to "click on the response from Donna....and at first I see emails from Tom, Diane, Bill, Bob....and 15 other people."

but yes, e-mail is very much a matter of personal preference. I was just mostly surprised because I'd never heard of anyone NOT liking that feature. It's how I was sold on it, and how I've sold others. Just a surprise is all.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

well....everyone except for Dyno and myself are nuts!!!!!!! ;) ;D

11. imjustagirl

Yeah, that's it. :D :D :D

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Personally, I still can't figure out how I lived my life without Gmail. Really. I still have my Yahoo! account, too, but only for fantasy purposes. I check my Yahoo! e-mail once every couple months.

And Gmail really rocks now that you have folders. That was my only gripe until that happened.

Plus, I can see how many times I've traded e-mails with a certain national sports columnist. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted