1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gmail down?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Wallace, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

By the way, to answer the thread's original question, yes, my Gmail was down for about an hour earlier this afternoon. Seems like it's back to normal now ...

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Mine was down. It's now up and working.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm back in now. The thing I don't like about Gmail is that you can't set up folders. I like to keep my old email in folders and Gmail doesn't allow for that. I don't like the archive feature, so I just keep everything in my inbox and I hate having hundreds of emails sitting in my inbox.

4. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Try using the labels, Dyno. That's pretty much the same thing.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I don't understand how you don't like that the emails come back that way. Like others have said, I think that's one of the best parts. You can have group emails without a million emails coming back and flooding your inbox and the whole conversation is there in one place.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

It's just something I need to get used too I guess.....but right now, I hate it. For my work I average about 250 emails a day, so that doesn't bother me at all.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Doesn't work for me. It still leaves me with too much clutter. I've tried everything. I also don't like my email grouped the way gmail does it, but I've gotten used to it. It keeps me from using it as my primary email, though.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

So there's no way to changes the settings so that each email/reply is it's own message?

9. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Dyno: You can add a label to certain messages, and then click archive. Those messages will then be in that label's folder only, and reducing clutter.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My god, I've never known anyone who hated the grouping of the e-mails. It's a godsend to me. Instead of having to go through 8 pages of e-mails to find every message about a certain topic...there they all are. Magic!

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

What IJAG said.

The labels & archive option works great in terms of decluttering the inbox.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

The topic is in the Subject line. So instead, I have to cipher through 20 replies and have an email thread that's 8 pages long....I'll take the "old" way, it works for me.

I send the team an email asking if they'll be at practice, for me it would be much easier to receive 15 emails, I can see who replies, click on each.

I'll get used to it.....but it just doesn't work for me right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted