1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GM to NASCAR: Gravy train's over boys

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jul 16, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So you gloat over hardships suffered by American companies?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Your 2012 Sprint Cup champion

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

With the way NASCAR's been neutered by on-track debris, et al, why not just cut to the chase and reduce every race to 10 laps max?

Everyone wins, especially the tv crowd, who won't have to worry about falling asleep between laps 50-200.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Jeff Gordon?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Joey Logano.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm on vacation and I don't have the patience to backcheck this but it seems to me NASCAR went through a round of this back when the elite series was still Winston Cup Grand National. The sport, and the market, will adjust.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How soon before we see the Toyota Camry hybrid crashing with the Accord Hybrid opening up the track for the Prius to race the Honda hydrogen car down the backstretch to the finish line?

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Don't forget about the Kia Sephia. :D

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Even better, I'd like to see the "sport" hit the shits so badly that they have to drag old heaps out of the salvage yard and re-build. How sweet would it be to see a 1977 Thunderchicken with mismatched doors and primer colored and trunk chasing down a primer gray 1983 Monte Carlo and a Krylon black Pontiac Grand Prix.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

All the GM employees who lost their jobs in the last few years just lost their medical benefits, and many more will be out of work soon. Maybe GM should have done this years ago.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Fixed. Give 'em free cars for research and development and the free advertisement. Beyond that there no need to pump nine figures into that fucking bullshit.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Get a life.

Draft saved Draft deleted