1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gloves off: Clemens' alleged affair with singer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Apr 28, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Check some of the time frames, as well.
    McNamee saw them in Roger's SkyDome hotel room...that had to be 1997 or later, when McCready was no longer a minor.
    The NYC story could be true but she certainly wasn't a minor then either.

The lede says a decade-long affair, then there is this graf:

The romantic link to McCready, which spanned his stints with the Red Sox, Blue Jays, Yankees and Astros...

From the time McCready was 15 until the time Clemens went to the Astros is 14 years.

As has been often stated, Clemens is a slimeball but I'll believe the 15-year-old thing when somebody shows me some hint of evidence.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Look, it is what it is.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

And what would Tennessee's statute of limitations have to do with it if it didn't happen in Tennessee?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is awesome.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

"I swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God."

"Yes, your honor. I hit it."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mindy: "Is that an abscess in my ass or are you just happy to see me?"

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I agree with spnited, though, there is a lot of weeping, gnashing of teeth and ripping out of hair on this board about how anonymous sources are terrible. But when the most hated man on this board has something like this come out - in a tabloid, no less - anonymous sources are suddenly the gospel.

I just find it interesting compared to the threads I have read on the Journalism Topics Only board.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap. Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm with spnited on this one.

There's a massive rush to judgment here. Frankly, it's disgusting.

If it's confirmed that he did commit statutory rape, then he should have the fucking book thrown at him. But many of the people on here are ready to convict Roger Clemens and throw him in the slammer based on ALLEGATIONS of statutory rape.

We should be dealing in facts, not speculation.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, we should all be more level-headed like spnited when it comes to those we can't stand.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm wondering why she would lie about their affair? Especially if she kept mementos that he gave her during their relationship?

I'm just wondering, is all. I'll let the board's legal scholars take over now.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh my god. Really? People reacting on a site can't convict a man. I'm sorry if my COMPLETELY OVER THE TOP REACTION was read as me being trained in the law and saying that he's guilty.

Jesus. I'll remember that next time you guys flip out over something. Shall I bring up any of the Britney threads?

Draft saved Draft deleted