1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gloves off: Clemens' alleged affair with singer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Apr 28, 2008.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hello Fitness Friends!

I have always been reluctant to tell others what I think would be best for them. I only know what works for me and I stay disciplined to that plan of action. I am happy to share what I have learned over the years with you in hopes that you will take this information and insight and develop a plan of “what works” that suits your lifestyle.

As a wife and mother, keeping in shape is difficult with all the commitments, distractions and schedules that require nurturing and time. It’s easy to put yourself on a back burner. Work with these things, not against them. Find ways to mix your kids activities with your workouts and find other mothers that want to do the same.

I have always been the type of person that never allowed myself to be more than 5 lbs overweight, knowing that 10 lbs was really hard to lose. I use my workouts to release stress and improve my focus and thinking. Because I love to eat, I have always worked out. I never wanted to deprive myself of something I wanted to eat, therefore, that determined how much I worked out. I would be eating something and it will be so good that I would have ” just one more bite”. I still do that today. The difference is that I have found a way to eat everyday to keep my energy up and not gain weight that fits my lifestyle. Believe me, it’s not easy. Everything worth doing is worth doing well. Effort must be put into it. You can have hope and expectation, but you must put the energy into it to reap the rewards.

I believe you have to challenge yourself by setting goals. I have always participated in the goals that my children and husband have for themselves. I always talk to my husband and children about their goals, listened and supported them in their dreams. What I did not realize was that my children were growing up fast and that I was not setting goals for myself. I thought about the seasons of my own life.

Roger came to me one day and told me that we had been asked to do a photo shoot for Sports Illustrated. I had major anxiety! I was a 39-year-old mother of 4! Once I realized that this WAS going to be a reality, I decided I had to give it everything I had. My mind was set. I am not a risk taker, but have since learned that with great risk, sometimes comes great reward. The responses from that experience have been wonderful and I feel it was a turning point in my life. It’s nice to have a goal for yourself and to see it through. The goal kept me motivated and focused. Using common sense and my ability to balance my life, I achieved that goal.

You can look forward to frequent updates so make sure that you continue to check back!

Best Wishes,
    Debbie Clemens

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Prediction: Before all's said and done, this will be a Thread of the Year candidate.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Simply outstanding, Ragu.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Wow, considering the happy reactions, I think everyone here should buy me a drink for posting it. :)

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So what does it really mean? Not the first or last scummy ballplayer to cheat--with underaged girls--and has no bearing on whether he took steroids. Will it damage the defamation case? Maybe....maybe not. McCready isn't exactly credible as a witness.

But a great story nonetheless.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, I am just happy about this story COMPLETELY UNRELATED to anything else. It's another example of what a lying sack of shit he is. "My family is sooooooo important to me." Blah blah blah blah blah.

And ginger, I'll buy you a drink any time, but not for this. I wanted to start this thread! :D

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

There is a sidebar with the story where Clemens' lawyer says it shouldn't matter, but McNamee's lawyer said it is a big deal. I'm not sure which to believe, but my guess is Miss McCready could have helped float this story. She hasn't exactly been the biggest star of late, and any publicity is good publicity.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The sentence after that is just fucking awesome.

During another Big Apple excursion, the two holed up in the trendy SoHo Grand and later partied with Monica Lewinsky and Michael Jordan. McCready, according to a source, even bummed a cigar off His Airness to give to Clemens.

So ONE SENTENCE after a Monica Lewinsky reference, we learn that MCCREADY bummed a cigar to "give" to Clemens. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder where else that cigar was? :D :D :D

Karma is a fucking whore.

9. She took it in the butt!

Wonder if McCready did as well ...

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, in the story it made the point McCready is trying to get her name back in the news, and has a documentary and a new album and a reality show or something. I'm completely willing to put money on the fact she's allowed the "leakage" of this story.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Funny how there is so much debate around here about the "ethics" of anonymous sources and tabloid journalism, but when the story is about an athlete who is universally hated by the folks on this board, everything the anonymous sources tell a tabloid is gospel.

Great story. Great plant by McNamee and his lawyers.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Wonder what this guy will have to say about this?

Draft saved Draft deleted