1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Globe hire for Pats beat

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

I had interviewed for a job at Big City Metro News after covering a college team at Mid-size Metro News. So the editor interviewing me called the SID of the team I covered for for Mid-size Metro News.

He asked a bunch of questions, with the final one being, "Has Moland ever written a story you've told him you wished he would hold or not write at all." When the SID said "Yes," all was well. And I was hired.

2. longtimecomin

longtimecomin Member

I don't know this guy at all so I won't comment on his situation, but I'll say this. There are a couple of coaches I covered who probably would write me a letter of recommendation, but I would be embarrassed to ask. Wouldn't any reporter with an ounce of pride or self-respect?

But that's just me. . . .

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If the letter was in response to a DMN management inquiry, then we shouldn't even discuss it. Nothing wrong at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted