1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global Warming Warning, Part 496

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hammer Pants, Mar 12, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I laugh at him regardless of what he posts, but you're right, this one was particular bizarre.

Tony, I'll type slowly since comprehension and compassion are two C words you don't understand.

You're laughing with joy at this woman who suffered serious injuries in an attempt at scientific research. That you have so little regard for human life pretty much means that you shouldn't be afforded that same regard for your own life.

Therefore, the sidewalk reference. Given your lack of concern about the well-being of a person, why then should you be surprised if someone were to gun for you?

Try having compassion in life. You'll find people actually tend to want to be around you then.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry, Alley, but this was not "an attempt at scientific research," it was (from the story) a trek "meant to bring attention to global warming."

In other words, she was trying to get her name in the paper. I'll laugh at her just like I'll laugh at an idiot falling out of a tree after she climbed it to stop logging. If we don't laugh at idiots, they'll never stop being idiots. It's why I laugh at dog all the time.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yes, of course this is her making an attempt to "get into the paper." Certainly, proving the accuracy of global warming carries no scientific value.

Do you actually listen to the words clinking around in your head?

And you'll laugh at someone who falls out of a tree while trying to save said tree? I mean, I can understand laughing at someone who dies after they attach a rocket engine to their car because they believe they can fly.

But to laugh at someone who gets hurt or dies while trying to do something positive for humanity? Wow. You really are pathetic. If I were you, I wouldn't go calling for help if your sorry ass were in a house fire.

4. On the other hand, o_t's thinking pretty much throws Darwin's work for a loop.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Personally, given tony's disregard for human life which doesn't directly impact him, should he EVER, EVER, EVER be posting about any other social issue? Otherwise it comes off as pure hypocrisy.

6. old_tony

People do stupid things and get hurt and I'm the bad guy. You might want to take your logic in for a tune-up there, Alley.

I have great compassion for people that get hurt by others' stupidity. None for those who get hurt by their own.

7. old_tony

You're right, buck. We must find a way to turn down the sun.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

We can start by taking out the fat people and minorities [/crossthreadreference]

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Worry.

http://arch.rivm.nl/env/int/ipcc/pages_media/SRCCS-final/IPCCSpecialReportonCarbondioxideCaptureandStorage.htm

The full version should be available soon from Amazon or your local bookseller.

10. old_tony

That made me laugh. Well played.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Whoa! old_tony posting on a global warming thread.

Who'd have thunk it?

12. Yeah, who\'d have thunk it, D_B Stansfield?

Draft saved Draft deleted