1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global Warming Warning, Part 496

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hammer Pants, Mar 12, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Hey didn't you guys watch Waterworld?!? We're going to develop gills and live in floating cities. We'll be fine.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This one's just too funny to go unposted.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070312/ap_on_sc/polar_trek_1

"A North Pole expedition meant to bring attention to global warming was called off after one of the explorers got frostbite. The explorers, Ann Bancroft and Liv Arnesen, on Saturday called off what was intended to be a 530-mile trek across the Arctic Ocean after Arnesen suffered frostbite in three of her toes, and extreme cold temperatures drained the batteries in some of their electronic equipment."

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Can't wait for the "Up yours . . . we're getting ours!" WSJ Editorial Board (more appropriate for the
    Gilded Age) to spin this one . . .

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Over 1,000 scientists? Pfft. That's it?

I thought you guys had something here. Hell, those 1,000-plus scientists don't know dick. There's this one guy who used to believe in this "Global Warming" stuff who now believes something completely different. His opinion on the subject cancels out up to 3,000 other scientists' opinion.

And besides, all these scientists don't really believe this bullshit. They're only saying it because they know it makes the Bush administration look like babbling imbeciles for failing to sign every Global Warming treaty. The conservatives know better. We want our air so polluted you have to suck it through a straw and our water so nasty that you can boil off a bunyon simply by sticking your foot in a mountain stream. Protect the environment, my ass.

Now, I'm gonna go for a hike, maybe stop and fish for a while. Yeah, like all conservatives, I love the outdoors. Ironic, huh?
    [/old_tony]

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yes, as we all know, frostbite is hilarious and absolutely deserves to be posted for humor's sake. ::)

And this one event pretty much negates all scientific evidence of global warming, doesn't it?

6. The arctic ice disappearing is contradicted by the fact that it has notall disappeared, and that we still have an arctic.
    Or something....

7. old_tony

Actually, I do find it fucking hilarious when some dipshit gets frostbite by trying to march across the Arctic to prove global warming. It's irony at its best. She's apparently trying to bolster her credentials to eventually win a Darwin Award.

8. EE94

EE94 Guest

let's hope so

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The fact that you think it's funny says everything anyone needs to know about you as a human being.

Would it then be kosher for me to say I'd have no intention of stopping if I saw you in a crosswalk? Or is that hilarious, too?

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Ha! Too late. The bun's cooking in the oven as we speak. Hopefully, andyouare? Jr.'s sarcasm will be more obvious to all.

11. old_tony

Well, since my being in the crosswalk won\'t be part of promoting a lie, we\'re talking apples and oranges, now, aren\'t we? Am I supposed to feel sorry for someone who got burned by sticking their hand in fire to prove fire is cold?

Your crosswalk analogy tells us plenty, though. In the frostbite case, an idiot did it to herself. I had nothing to do with the harm caused. In your crosswalk analogy, you obviously wish to do harm to a completely innocent person. So you probably shouldn\'t go around talking about \"everything anyone needs to know about you as a human being.\"

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Alley, let me help.

What tony is saying here is that if the microscopic portion of his brain that's still functioning suddenly gives out on him while he's banging out one of his usual posts, it's OK for you to laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted