1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming: So sayeth the shepherd...so sayeth the flock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Zag, you do realize the only person who actually agrees with you on this is Yawn, right? And that last part of what you just wrote ranks right up there among the dumbest things you have ever posted on this site, and that is truly saying something.

Also, you proved your cluelessness with the start of your post. Nobody on this site is more critical of the Pirates' talent level than I am.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Really? My thread title is based on my disdain for religion? Funny, I thought it was a play on a line from Porky's II, a fact which I pointed out on the first page of this thread. But if it makes you happy to think I hate religion, then by all means, go ahead. You're living a lie, if you do, but since you couldn't come up with anything better, I realize you have nothing at all.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Old neighborhood. Get it right. And any time you want to take a tour of it you let me know. I know, I know, I've made these things up, they only happen in Boyz in the Hood movies.....

4. zagoshe

Thank you for proving my point about who is an independent thinker and who just goes along with the crowd because he/she can't think for himself.....

And I am all broken up because a bunch of liberal mushheads like Pastor and you don't agree with me......

5. zagoshe

You can continue to try and rationalize what you tried to do and you can try and wrap your bullshit in some pop culture reference but that doesn't change what it is. You were trying to rip religious people and your disdain for religious people is very clear in many of your posts on many threads.

It is OK, really, Pastor understands he'll give you the playbook on how to be a religious bigot and convince yourself you aren't....

6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

A complete load of steaming bullshit. It just reinforces the belief that everything you type is an exercise in flinging shit on the wall just for argument's sake. You're a liar.

7. zagoshe

Yep you nailed it, now go away.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's interesting that you supposedly know more about what was on my mind when I started a thread than I did. Tell me, please, where did you go to school to learn faulty mind-reading techniques?

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone ever said anything of the sort. In fact, you are doing some good things to help preserve the environment and, yet, you're railing against people who promote such actions. I don't get it.

For the record (and to keep Yawn's head from exploding), I am as efficient as possible with my driving (and during the late spring, summer and early fall I ride my bike to work if I'm only going to be in the office), I carpool whenever possible, I recycle, I use flourescent bulbs, I hang dry my laundry when possible, I turn off unnecessary electronics and make sure my roommates do the same, I keep my heat around 60 degrees in the house (I wear a comfy sweatshirt instead of cranking the heat to 72) and I take short showers.

Now, those little things alone won't save the world, I understand. But I try to do my part and only hope that others do the same. I can control what I do. I can't control what others choose to do.

And anyone who continues to insist that people breathing are being hypocrites is just trying to be an asshole.

10. zagoshe

I'm just using the SportsJournalists.com liberal thought police technique -- you know, the one which says anything a conservative or republican politician says was no doubt racist or sexist and there is no way to argue otherwise.....

You should understand how that works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.