1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming: So sayeth the shepherd...so sayeth the flock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

For a nominal fee...

2. The single most hilarious comment in the history of this board.
    Especially after repetition of the refrain, "I am bias."
    Wowser.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

zagoshe, how do you feel about the principles contained in Leviticus 25:23-24, Ezekiel 34:2-4 and Ezekiel 34:17-18?

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Pastor's the expert on everything except spelling.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Don't ever correct the Room Parent, who is the only one with the right to wave his condescending finger at anyone.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Here's what I don't understand from all of you who say global warming is a fantasy -- especially Zag and Yawn, who couldn't win an argument against a brick wall -- what's wrong with trying to be greener? I'm not talking about living in the mountains and log cabins and doing away with cars. But making changes that would actually benefit the planet, regardless of the reason for the climate changes.

And Yawn, obviously I offend your sensibilities so much. So why don't you do yourself a favor and ignore me, huh? Somehow I think you'd be a lot happier in the long run.

7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I don't know. I think this might edge that one out:

8. I think "I am bias" has it nipped at the wire.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Sorry, fellas. I still go back to this timeless classic of craziness...

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Glad you preserved that for posterity's sake.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I will say this: apparently the board approves of the Catholic and SBC churches' stand here. But when the Catholic League or the Pope makes a statement about abortion or Dana Jacobsen's drunken rant, they don't have the moral authority to take a stand because they allowed child molesters in their preisthood. So do they have moral authority or not? Or do they get it by proxy when they take a more politically expedient stand?

Understand, I think it's high time churches acknowledge global warming and wholeheartedly believe God gave us dominion over the earth to protect it, not rape and pillage it for our selfish desires. I just want some consistency.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I don't think the Pope allowed it. That's like saying Bush is responsible for inner-city crime. The perverts are in jail, the Pope spoke out against it. What more does he have to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.