1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming: So sayeth the shepherd...so sayeth the flock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, bullshit has methane gas which also harms the atmosphere.

So what are you ecohysterics doing for the environment? Giving up driving? No plane rides? Riding horses to work (oh wait, there's that methane issue)....

Or are you just bitching about it?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, are you actually acknowleding the problem or are you still inspecting the inside of your rectum?

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I ain't acknowledging anything. But if it is a problem, the biggest hypocrites are the ones crying about it.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh, well thank you for telling me what my bias is.

And if wanting the government to do what the constitution allows it to do and not a damn thing more is bias, then yeah I am bias.

AlleyAllen had no point -- well other than to take another cheap shot at religion and I called him on it and he and his little cronies have now spent two pages unsuccessfully trying to clarify what he was really trying to say....

And if choosing to believe that the hysteria around global warming is nothing more than just that -- manufactured hysteria by a group of very biased and agenda-based people -- then yeah I am bias.

Please, go back to discussing subjects you can handle, like Myron Cope and the Pirates and leave the big boy discussions to those of us who can actually handle them. I mean, you might get confused and then say something intelligent though I'm not betting on it.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Pick your poison Fenian - slow roast or microwave.

My point is that we need balance. These issues tend to move too far one way and good ideas get cast aside and bad ideas come to forefront. Take for example ethanol.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Nah, just bury it in Canada. They've got plenty of room.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

We are all still waiting for you to post something, anything intelligent. So, I don't see why you would demand it from others...

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I've replaced all household light bulbs with CFLs...

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Cheap shot at religion? What in the name of holy hell are you talking about? Where did I take a cheap shot at religion? If you and Yawn see it that way, then you're the only two here who do.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

These?
    [​IMG]

Or these?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Great. Now you're contributing to the mercury problem. (Me, too, though. And soon everybody when you can't buy regular light bulbs.)

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

As time goes on more and more places will handle recycling of these bulbs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.