1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming: So sayeth the shepherd...so sayeth the flock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think this was one of the key lines:

We don't need perfect knowledge to try to combat global warming. It appears there is a problem and there might be ways to solve it. It behooves us all to do what we can to protect the Earth. Even if it turns out that it's just a natural warming cycle (which I don't believe), the new technologies invented and greener lifestyle habits will still make the world a cleaner, better place to live.

And spare me the "China and India aren't following suit, so why should we bother" argument. It's the dumbest line of reasoning I've heard since about the second grade.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, actually Pastor I don't post anything as "gospel" because unlike you idiots, I don't think that there is an absolute right or wrong when it comes to many of these issues, just a common sense ground somewhere in between the slobbering fanatics on either side.

I posted another opinion and once again, you have taken the favorite approach of the lefties on this board which is to basically to say "any source that is right-leaning is bias and any source that is left-leaning is correct", which might work in candyland or wherever you live -- you know, the place where nobody pays taxes and kids don't have access to guns -- but it doesn't work in the real world.

And you insulting me doesn't change the fact that your argument is flawed from the start.

3. zagoshe

Yeah, that's right -- you are all such independent thinkers that you're arguments always begin and end with what your political party has to say about an issue.

I'm an independent voter and an independent thinker and I don't ever recall me saying I was a bible banger or a religious nut -- in fact if you read almost all of my posts you'll find the opposite is true.

In short you are dead wrong, again.

As for global warming -- again, I'll say it -- there is somewhere in the middle between the slobbering advocates on both sides of the isssue that is true and accurate but unfortunately your not an independent thinker enough to understand that so you'll continue to side with the slobbering left-wing tree hugging fools who by this time next year will have some of you idiots convinced that we will all be burned to death by sun rays shooting through the broken ozone by summer.

I, however, choose to think I have at least forty or fifty good years left on this earth before I am disintigrated by death rays from the sun......LOL

4. zagoshe

Simple question -- Are you saying that the devout are the ones polluting the earth? That the devout are throwing garbage on the streets and smoking and using aerosol (sp?) spray?

I'm just wondering because I have a hard time understanding why the devout are the ones under fire here when I'd be willing to bet most of the truly devout live cleaner lifestyles than the slobbering so-called tree huggers.

The difference is one group feels the need to advertise their ridiculous over the top paranoia about the earth frying us all......the other just lives their lives.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

In the 1970s in Texas, you could have a day of 90 degrees in the day and snow by that afternoon. It's called system fronts.

Al Gore should have been barking then. It cost his legions 20 years of fanaticism momentum.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No, they're saying we should sacrifice what's left of our pathetic economy and slide toward third-world status and complete the transformation of vassal state to China and India, who we can merely suggest to recognize global warming but no more because we wouldn't want to offend our friends.

7. zagoshe

You mean the same Al Gore who lives in one of the most inefficient and energy wasting homes in America?

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Everybody knows he was too busy inventing the interwebs to worry about the environment back then...

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh, but liberals and ecohysterics say that's OK because that house and his book give him the stage to attract attention to the issue - after all, his is just one house. If everyone else burned theirs down, hammered their cars into pancakes and blockaded all gas stations, we'd be fine.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Balance is what we need. Remember when the liberals were telling us that Nuclear power was bad. Now we find the nuclear power emits ZERO co2 gas- the greatest cause of global warmning - emitted by coal burning power plants.

11. And if a coal plant goes bad, we shut it down.
    If a nuke plant goes bad, we lose Delaware.
    Putting the waste in your backyard, Boom?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry Alley...I never thought that anybody would miss it or I would have commented earlier.

Edit: Zag, spare us the "independent voter" crap. You may even register that way, but your bias is clear.

I think it was pretty clear from the beginning what Alley's point was. And I don't think you are dense enough to have missed it. You are just relying on your usual rhetorical bullshit because you have nothing concrete to reply with.

Yawn, your hyperbolic bullshit is beyond even responding to this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.