1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming: So sayeth the shepherd...so sayeth the flock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Interesting note that both the Vatican and SBC have taken new stances on global warming and the environment...

http://green.yahoo.com/news/ap/20080310/ap_on_re_us/southern_baptists_environment.html

http://green.yahoo.com/news/nm/20080310/hl_nm/pope_sins_dc.html

Maybe we can start putting aside the ridiculous notion that global warming is a fantasy and start discussing some things we really can do to help, even if it's small.

And let's be mature here. The whole Al Gore flying argument is as worn out as the phrase "misremember".

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

It snowed in March in the north. Therefore, global warming doesn't exist.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It snowed every Easter the four years I lived in Connecticut. Therefore, global warming doesn't exist.

oops...where's my blue font?

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm freezing my nuts off in the South, but I believe that global warming exists.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

IT SNOWED IN THE SOUTH IN MARCH! IT"S THE RAPTURE, PEEPLE!!!

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The vatican also told us that the church did not have a priest pedifile problem and not to pay attention to the media.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'll definitely give you that one. However, it doesn't change other realities.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The forecast for this Thursday is a high of 90ºF, exactly one week after we had a nine-inch blizzard.

Even by Texas standards, that shit ain't normal.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

A chunk of Southern Baptists are going to be wondering what's going on with their church — they figure holding onto DC and fighting abortion rights are more important than taking care of the Earth, never mind that Genesis 2:15 clearly says, "And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it."

10. What's "DC" stand for?

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm just disappointed that, so far, not one person has gotten the Porky's II reference.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Is a pedifile that thing they use to scrub the callouses off your feet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.