1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming: Hell on my sinuses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We had a frigid February Texas winter low of SEVENTY DEGREES last night.

We are expecting a high of 84º today (which shatters the record high by 4º) and the weather guy is talking about the possibility of tornadoes tomorrow.

Well, we've had periods of less than 10% humidity here and my nasal passages are crying.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Offer it up for the poor souls in Purgatory...

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So it's George Bush's fault you're stopped up?

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I live in Ct, not Texas, but this fall/winter has got to be the worst season I've ever had for sinuses/allergies...

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

All I know is I'm fucking tired of all this snow and cold. It sucks. So far one of our harshest winters here in some time.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Weird bloody weather.

Got hit with about 20 cm of snow on Friday, then freezing rain.

Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to go to about 10C (no idea what that is in funny temperatureland) with rain. Snow will be gone by 'Wednesday.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Strange weather patterns here too. It will be freezing one day and snow, and yet the next day it will be 45 degrees Farenheit, and it will stay that way the rest of the week. That's what it's been like the whole winter. Yesterday it was almost 50, and today we had a flurry. I'm betting it will be warm again tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted