1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global economic meltdown, Part Deux: China?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 10, 2009.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

If you gave the same set of data to 10 different people with 10 different agendas, you'd get 10 different conclusions. Which is why, for instance, the same data on manufacturing as a percentage of GDP can be used to argue our manufacturing output has remained steady over the years (real) and to argue that manufacturing output has been declining for decades (nominal).

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Exactly, and in this case Rick is drawing his data from folks with recent history at conveying bad information.

AEI's draws its base membership from the same neocon wing of the Republican party that convinced us to illegally invade another sovereign nation due to an arsenal of WMDs that was supposedly pointed at our heads, and AEI exists solely to advocate for their economic agenda.

If those neocon fuckers told me the sun would rise tomorrow I'd start preparing for eternal darkness. Find another source.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Much as I hate to interupt, some news on the original topic. Seems like China is pushing away from Treasury's all you can eat debt buffet.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100216/BUSINESS01/100216002/Foreign+demand+for+Treasury+securities+falls

Draft saved Draft deleted