1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glitch In The Machine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My bad. Where is my head?

2. Rich Griffis

Rich Griffis Member

So if you went in to a store and shoved four candy bars/pops/ice cream sandwiches in your pocket but only paid for one on your way out the door, that would be a glitch in system?

You would hope people would outgrow petty theft when they leave middle school, not brag about continuing to do it as adults.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Killjoy.

4. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Your example would be stealing. Taking advantage of a vending-machine flaw is just sticking it to The Man.

5. I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i bet he gets the hell beat out of him ... often.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Deja vu.
    Deja vu.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Good Lord.

Were you a hall monitor in your previous life?

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Obviously he's one of the many journalists who can really afford to spend money on the finer things in life. Like full price for vending machine ice cream.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Sounds like one of my RA's in college.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I worked with a guy like that at the job I had in my last three semesters of school and over a year after earning my sheepskin. Thing is, his arms weighed probably 80 percent of my total body weight.

What stunned a few colleagues was the fact that I could shake things loose. Difference is I did it only when the machine jammed and tried to rip me off.

Draft saved Draft deleted