1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GLIAC Media Day

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by ppietrangelo, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ppietrangelo

ppietrangelo Guest

I'm looking for a stringer to cover the GLIAC Media Day in Frankenmuth, Mich., on Tuesday, Aug. 5. I would prefer someone who has knowledge of the conference and will already be there.

I'll be honest, the pay is crap ($25/story). We are looking for two stories. Email me at ppietrangelo@mininggazette.com for more details.

Peter Pietrangelo
    Daily Mining Gazette
    Houghton, Mich.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You at least going to spring for Zehnders?

3. ppietrangelo

ppietrangelo Guest

You think a paper that pays $25/story is going to spring $99 for a hotel? That's why I'm looking for someone who is already planning on being there (or is in the area).

For a <10,000 circ, that's life.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, I was thinking more along the lines of a chicken dinner for whomever you find to do it...

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Although the $50 would probably only cover my gas, a meal from Zehnders, or even Freeway Fritz (its the same food ya know) might lock it up. And I don't even need the chicken. Just the potatoes and slaw is enough to keep me happy.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm down...I'll PM you

7. ppietrangelo

ppietrangelo Guest

Thanks all. I'll probably be looking for coverage down this way for two football games later in the season: Oct. 25 at Saginaw Valley State and Nov. 8 at Northwood.

Ciao.

8. ppietrangelo

ppietrangelo Guest

This place rocks.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yes, yes it does. Take of your shoes. Stay a while.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

it rocks like "we are, we are, we are, we are, we are, we are, we are!"

Draft saved Draft deleted