1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glenn Beck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

But Michael Savage is an Archie Bunker wannabe who dropped out of school in the third grade. Would an educated man say that he wouldn't allow a foreign doctor to treat him?

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Waste of bandwidth=any opinion counter to 2muchcoffeeman and the rest of the apologists for the sworn enemies of the U.S.
    And they have sworn us to be the enemy, and sworn to kill us. Of course, "they" being a very small minority of Islamd.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Waste of bandwidth n Any talk-radio or -television host who allows bluster and self-promotion to get in the way of an objective look at the news.

I object to him because he's a talking head wasting time on promoting himself. I'm one of those strange old-fashioned people who just wants the news, not all the bluster and BS. There are a finite number of news options that allow me to get the news quickly and easily without jumping through hoops like a trained dolphin (and the Internet requires jumping through hoops --- wake up the computer, get the browser running, find the web site, pick the headlines). Just give me the news, dammit, not the bullshit.

Glenn Beck=waste of bandwidth
    Nancy Grace=waste of bandwidth
    Showbiz Tonight=waste of bandwidth

If that upsets your worldview, then I offer my apologies to your worldview.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So Beck starts an interview with Palin by saying to her, "you're one hot grandma."

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

When someone like Glenn Beck needs someone like Joe the Plumber to explain the Constitution to him, you know that Glenn Beck is a tool.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Great pull.

As is the case of so much SportsJournalists.com criticism of the outgoing regime . . correct, then . . . correct, now.

7. Glenn Beck is mad as hell and he isn't going to take it anymore.

I mean, the world is a dangerous place and people in the government are a bunch of know-nothing crooks.

And can someone please tell me what happened to good, old-fashioned family values?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Some of Glenn Beck's takes are right on. I still say he's one of the few in the talk radio business who calls out both sides.
    But man, nobody straddles that line between good points and sheer paranoid lunacy like he does.

9. KG

KG Active Member

Whether I agree with him or not, I find him entertaining.

Draft saved Draft deleted